Three Modules For a Beer Sommelier – Our Training Plan
Inspiring skills and competencies you’ll acquire in the course
- Superior knowledge of raw materials and the process of brewing, fermentation and their effect on the final product.
- Development of a keen scent for detection of positive and negative flavors,
- Deliberateness in directing the client to wise consumption of beer in order to add value to the beer and avoid personal damage and harm to society.
- Perfect presentation of taste characteristics of various beer styles, including barrel aging and vintage beers, to assist the customer in choosing beer.
- Proper storage and handling of different beer styles to preserve the beer quality and avoid any off-flavors, including mastering all beer dispensing equipment and glass ware.
- A gastronomic match between different beer styles and food (cheese, chocolate, Cuisine Art), with reference to harmony between them and individual preferences.
- Create beer menus for pubs and restaurants with consideration of variety and pairing to the food menu of the place.
Beer Sommelier is a three module training, each three consecutive days of training. The modules stand on their own and are booked separately. For each module you will receive a certificate from the DOEMENS Academy. Only all modules together qualify for the “Diplom Biersommelier”.